To work in partnership with the home, the church and the community, to be supportive and treat all members with mutual respect:
• Listening to all concerns.
• Clear school rules that are consistently applied.
• A prominent and effective school council.
• Seeking and listening to the views and opinions of pupils, parents and staff.
• Promotion of links with the church, village and diocesan events.
• Links with and support of local charities.
To be a caring Christian community that teaches and nurtures Christian values and welcomes children and families of all faith backgrounds and of none:
• Promotion of a Christian ethos.
• Teaching Christian principles of love and forgiveness.
• Encouraging people to treat others as they wish to be treated themselves.
• Being inclusive, recognising equality and diversity.
• An environment where people can be open and honest about their faith and beliefs.
• Valuing collective worship.
• Providing worship that reflects our links with Christianity and the Anglican church.
To develop a wide range of skills throughout all areas of the curriculum, developing each individual’s sense of curiosity and their talents to the full:
• Everyone to achieve their full potential.
• Provision of high quality teaching and learning.
• Provision of appropriate curriculum for our children.
• Teaching styles to cater for all learning preferences.
• Professional development for our staff.
• Opportunities for parents to learn about and share in their children’s learning.
To provide a stimulating and attractive environment in which our children will be
encouraged to develop positive attitudes to learning, independence and a sense of
• A classroom ethos which supports enjoyment and learning for all.
• Praising of effort and achievement.
• A climate of learning where all are encouraged to take risks.
• Promotion of physical, social, intellectual, emotional and spiritual development.
• Encouraging balanced self-evaluation.
• High quality teaching and learning resources.
To make school a safe and happy place where everyone feels valued and celebrates the achievements of others:
• Provision of a safe playground which provides opportunities for enjoyment and scope for imagination.
• Zero tolerance of bullying.
• Celebrating the success of all through valuing the achievement of staff, pupils and
• Valuing and promoting work-life balance.
To encourage everyone in our school community to have a healthy lifestyle, courtesy and good manners:
• Teaching of courtesy and politeness.
• Teaching and encouraging the whole school community to have a healthy lifestyle.
To nurture and extend the school’s involvement with the local and wider community, valuing the world in which we live:
• Promotion of care for the local environment.
• Providing opportunities to learn about our local environment and community.
• Providing opportunities to learn about and see the world beyond our local community.
• Promoting environmental awareness.
• Making links with and supporting the needs of the developing world.