Our staff are committed to bringing "hands on" learning experiences to our provision. We know that children learn best through play with supportive adults playing alongside them; modelling new vocabulary and positive social interactions, extending their learning and being their "play partner".
When children are experiencing some new learning the early years team try their best to "bring it to life" through experiences in the classroom or trips out.
Here is a list of our enriching experiences that have enhanced learning:
- Trips out of the village - experiencing a double decker bus ride, a Sikh Gurdwara, the Chinese restaurant, Pets At Home, Skegness Aquarium, the beach, Lincolnshire Wildlife Park, the theatre to see live performances of our book of the week, Rand Farm Park and Sundown Adventureland to name a few
- Trips to explore and learn about our village - the Drs Surgery, the fish and chip shop, the bakery, the church, the park and the strawberry field
- stay and play morning for parents and our local church community
- hatching chicks and caring for our school guinea pigs
- sharing our gardening with local residents
- visiting theatre workshops
- religious celebrations linked to our church calendar e.g Shrove Tuesday, the birth of Christ, Christingle etc
- visits to school from the dental nurse, a police car, a fire engine, a HGV lorry, a tractor (old and new) and local visits from our vicar
- Christmas party days
- Easter Egg hunts